I love plants. Working with a living material that changes with the seasons, the weather, and a myriad of conditions, over which we often have little control, is a challenge and opportunity that no other design profession can claim.
Lydia has over 30 years of experience practicing landscape architecture with expertise in the academic and public institution sectors – developing projects that create places of meaning and purpose and make a positive impact on both human and environmental health.
Her successful design and management of many projects have earned her numerous awards, as well as invitations to be a guest critic or speaker for a variety of healthcare, parks, and education conferences.
- Master of Landscape Architecture, University of Virginia
- Bachelor of Science, Horticulture, University of Maryland
Select Project Experience
- Discovery Park
- Towson University Union Expansion
- Church of the Redeemer Memorials Master Plan
- University of Maryland School of Public Policy
- Perkins Homes Redevelopment
Did You Know?
Lydia’s first professional certification was as a Licensed Pesticide Applicator in order to treat mealybug-infested Ficus trees at Golden Ring Mall.